Hello my friends and family, I want to
bring you up-to-date on what is happening in my life. I graduated from
Washington State University (WSU) in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in
human development and leadership development. I have been applying for jobs all
over the country and have had very little success. Throughout this time I have
been seeking the Lord and what He would have me do.
About
three months ago my Uncle Frank Forman asked if I would be willing to help him
get materials for a cargo container he would be sending to Rwanda Africa for an
organization called Come And See Africa international or (CASA.) Of course I
said yes I'd be glad to help, I never knew what that actually would entail. It
was quite a list with a very, very small budget. God amazed me time and time
again by answering the prayers for the materials that I needed. For example, about a third of the
container will be filled with plywood for building different pieces and a cabinet
company in Eugene donated it all. There are many other examples of this as God
shows himself bigger and stronger than I ever thought or imagined. As I've been
gathering things from the list God has put it on my heart that I need to go to
Africa. I never thought in my wildest dreams that 2013 would hold such an
opportunity for me. The plan right now is for me to finish getting materials
for the cargo container and then go to Rwanda around July and stay there until
May 2014.
You may be thinking, “What is
he going to be doing while he is there?” Firstly, I will be helping to finish construction on the
lighthouse, the Christian student center, at the University of Rwanda. Secondly, I will be working at the Kim
Forman Bible Institute where I will assist in any way possible to help develop
students for reaching other students for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thirdly, I will be helping African New
Life as they start utilizing the several public schools they were given by the
Rwandan government.
make this trip possible. As you might imagine, raising the
necessary funds will be one of the many great steps of faith in pursuing this
nearly yearlong mission trip. I
need to raise $2500 by July 1 to cover airfare and my first couple of weeks in
Rwanda. For each month in Rwanda I
need to raise $400 to cover travel within the country as well as many different
ministry opportunities that are there.
Would you prayerfully consider joining me by giving an initial gift of
$100, $200, $500 or more? Would
you prayerfully consider joining me by giving a monthly gift of $25, $50, $100
or more? Of course whatever amount
the Lord leads you to give is the right amount. All gifts are
tax-deductible. Checks should
be made out to Come and See Africa International with Support for Javin Bakke
written on the memo line. The
checks should be sent to 7318 Michigan Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98664. You may also use your bank’s bill pay
service using account number 2577743749 and routing number 121042882. I will call you in the middle of June
to answer any questions you may have.
More than anything, I need your
prayers as I seek to follow the Lord’s calling for me to go to Rwanda. Thank you for considering joining my
team to help reach people for Christ in Rwanda. I know that God has many things
in store for me over the next year and I am excited to see how He will push me
to grow this next year.
javin
No comments:
Post a Comment